Last in life of Marilyn Monroe. This is how they have been. Interested to take a peak?
Who is Marilyn Monroe and what does she represent in todays culture? Meaning of Marilyn and what makes her so special.
Interested in some facts about Marilyn Monroe's life. You might not know some of these.
In her life Marilyn Monroe encountered many people. Each person in returned formed a certain impression of who she was and what she did. This is what they said.
Every diva had her own secrets on how they dress and what make s them look so good. These are advices directly from Marilyn on how to dress and carry yourself making you look like a woman.
A mystery unraveled. An urban legend of whether Marilyn Monroe had 6 toes or not.
A long rivalry between to women for the affection of one man. Here is how it started and ended.
Want to know little tips Marilyn said herself about shaping up and diet. Who doesn't want to know how she kept her gorgeous figure.
Read more about Marilyn Monroe
Do you think Marilyn Monroe is the best platinum blond ever?
written by Cool-Story.com | views: 2301
Marilyn Monroe's trade mark, her classic Glamour Girl makeup has been the epitome of sensuality since the 1950s. Her look was polished most of all through the genius of her personal makeup artist, Allan "Whitey" Snyder. He was her makeup artist throughout her career: from her first screen test at Twentieth Century Fox in 1946 to her funereal makeup in 1962.
Even though her look is somewhat ephemeral and abstract it can easily be imitated, all you need is a little bit of effort.
Before you start following the steps to become a sex icon yourself, here is a tip which Monroe left us with. She said: “Study your face carefully in order to decide which part of it you want to pronounce. No man likes a girl whose face looks decorated like a wedding cake. But if you are moderate you can even use the heavy artillery like eyeshadow and he won't even notice you are wearing makeup. I think a girl looks the most attractive with shiny eyelids and wet lips. A drop of oil on the lids will accomplish that effect, and if you are skilled with using the brush to apply lipstick, that is the best trick to create a stunning looks.”
We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle. Read more Marilyn Monroe quotes
1. Moisturize. Photographer Eva Arnold stated that Monroe's biggest ace was her shiny almost see-through skin that nearly always looked flawless. Use a makeup base primer to smooth out flaws and to keep makeup looking fresh. Apply a makeup base in the lightest tone suitable for your skin. Use a "film finish" makeup. Smoothly apply it with a sponge so that it is evenly spread out. You can also use one of the new age illuminators, and blend it with a base to get the pearl shimmer skin look.
2. Concealer. On imperfections, dark under eyes, etc. Use a cake cover-up s as close to the color of your makeup base as possible.
3. Translucent powder. Light dusting of powder to set a makeup base and concealer. Loose powder preferable.
4. Eyebrows. To achieve Marilyn brows they need to be nicely shaped in an arc and well kept. You may need to fill them in with pencil and or shadow. Use a light brown eyebrow pencil, making small feathered strokes. Blend in with an eyebrow brush. Continue the line to create an elongated brow. In the end fix it all with a transparent gel.
5. False Eyelashes. These are available at every drugstore. Marilyn always used strips, never individual lashes and she always put them only on the upper eyelid. They should start at the middle of the upper lid and finish at their outer side. For curling it needs to be done from to roots and mascara is applied twice with an accent on the upper lashes, while putting only a thin layer on the lower lashes.
6. Eyeliner 1. Whitey Snyder always lined the inside of Marilyn's eye with a white kohl pencil — this is a trick still used by movie and stage makeup artists to make the eye appear larger and more open. Continue the white line from the corner of the eye for about ¼inch (½cm), angling mildly upwards.
7. Eyeliner 2. Contrary to popular belief, Marilyn's eyeliner was rarely black. Most often, it was brown or dark brown. You can do this with liquid or pencil, but a cake with brush (made wet) is the best option. Do a very narrow line right at the top and bottom of the lash line, and continue outwards, as seen above. The two lines must not meet, so your white line doesn't disappear and your eyes look smaller.
8. Eyeliner 3. Above the thin line of brown on the upper lid, Marilyn always had an even thinner line of a gold liner. Make sure to make the thinnest of lines or it will look obvious and tacky, instead of glamorous.
9. Red Dot. With either a lip pencil or a lipstick brush (bright red), the smallest red dot is placed in the inside corner of the eye to make the eye look brighter. Also before applying the final shadow on eyes put a white or pale yellow shadow as a base to the whole lid including the inner corners to form a base for the shadow.
Whether you're generally sappy or cynical, devoted or dubious, once in a while, everyone needs a little romance.
Love is a curious thing – never knows when it happens so that you will be overtaken with this feeling and who will be the matter of your sleepless nights. It can be a bonny girl from the next door, a handsome boy from the night-club or… even a cyber creature.
John Rendall (right) and Ace Bourke (left) carry Christian the Lion down King's Road in London, England. The reaction to us buying Christian, remembers Ace, was universally: 'You've both gone mad, and it's quite dangerous, and you're stupid, and it'll end in tears.